Imagine a company that makes all the performance just for the fun of it, ant its happening at the very core - it’s coming from the people within. Imagine a company, where priorities such as: “it has to be fun”, “make it happen” or “make it better” or “but we are crazy and we can do it” are at the front and financial goals are in the second or third row.
Imagine a company that encourages people to think freely, to state their ideas and to make it happen and ask them to argue and prove their points to. Imagine a company where everybody is in one or other way involved into management and is asked to put their input to create better place to work. Imagine company where meetings are hours filled with jokes and laughs. Imagine responsible company that cares - we do think about needs of people that has less luck then others and we do a lot about it.
That’s us, guys.
And we are not even halfway where we want to be.
It’s all about vision, people, art and paper. It’s all about market, all about Your needs. It’s all about better environment both outside the company and inside.
Now you might think, that our work is fairy-tale, that we have bunnies and unicorns running loose in the office, everybody is happy, full of love, euphoria, our work is performed by accurate gnomes and easy handed elves and we are quietly sitting on the clouds. Well… nope. We are not that high. In fact, it’s extremely hard work, all our “miracles” are born from sweat, blood and tears. We are overloaded with work, with ideas that we want to make happen, and there are days when we are having conflicts and hate each other. We are a team of very different people tied together by common goals and we are far from perfect. We do mistakes and we do struggle with our decisions and consequences. We do have to make allowances and go to compromises, because its real life and there are limits. We are small company with limited resources but with BIG ideas.
But this constant struggle makes us better, more focused and more creative. And we believe that You feel it in our products.
And You know what? We. Will. Be. Better.
Mission, Vision, Values
In 2016 we updated our company’s strategy: Mission, Vision, set new long-term goals and agreed on values that lets us go forward.
To create better products for creation, education and business.
We work responsibly for both - clients and consumers. We are innovative global manufacturer. We create modern, high-quality products with higher added value.
To be a global manufacturer of advanced products for creation, education and business, whose brands are known and valued internationally.
- We will be initiative and will seek for improvement
- We will not stop joking, but will be working very seriously
- We will share our experience and help our colleagues
- We will respect each other, will not fight with each other, will be friendly, objective and tolerant
- We will not be afraid to announce problems and search for solutions
- We will trust each other and keep given agreements
- We will create our goals and will seek for them together
- We will perform our work responsibly
- We will work qualitatively
In 2013 we created new simple and easy recognizable brand SM·LT.
It is an intellectual property of JSC “SMILTAINIS IR KO” and is patented in The State Patent Bureau of the Respublic of Lithuania.
It can be used with the slogan (or without):
- GAMINAME KŪRYBAI, UGDYMUI IR DARBUI
- FOR CREATION, EDUCATION AND BUSINESS
This brand is easy recognizable for all our clients and partners, as it is similar to our company's logo. Letters LT show that production with this brand is made in Lithuania (EU).
JSC ”SMILTAINIS IR KO” has the official national status of socially responsible company. About 2/3 of our employees are disabled people. Our status and internal values encourage us to think about the problems that our disabled employees face every day. The company continuously improves working environment and creates specially customized working places.
JSC “SMILTAINIS IR KO” participates and supports various social projects and events, collaborates with local community. One of the main values of the company – transparently and responsibly develop business and contribute to the wellness of people that surrounds our company.
We prepared our company structure; a version that quite good represents how we work, a version that we are satisfied with for now. Not so many companies share such internal information and even lesser companies are having fun in such kind of topics. And we feel that its serious fun in many ways…
OK, here you are:
- its colourful - mantis shrimp gonna like it - check.
- we have clear interaction and overlapping of functions - structure represents need for cooperation and real life struggles - check.
- there is no top and no bottom, nobody is “under” or “over” somebody - check.
- people can move freely in company; for maximum independence and pure functions could chose to be in outer “operations” field or they can go deeper into multicolour “tactics” performance or can dive in the centre, to the mess of “strategy”. In other words - “be whatever you want” - check.
- do you see CEO in structure? We don’t… Looks like bastard is trying to avoid work. Again. Ha ha, joking - his functions are in concentric circles and connecting line - check.
- there is burning giraffe in the centre. It must be here, just don’t ask… - check.
Our team is living by such structure for a some time already, well see where we go further…
JSC „SMILTAINIS IR KO“ implemented FSCTM (FSC-C133807) standard and was granted the certificate in 2017. This assures the chance to buy FSC-certified products.
Sales managers of our company will provide all the detailed information about FSC-certified products of JSC „SMILTAINIS IR KO“.
About the FSC (Forest Stewardship Council)
The Forest Stewardship Council is global, independent, non-profit and multi-stakeholder organization, founded in 1993 for promotion of responsible forest management worldwide in terms of environmental, social and economic issues.
FSC‘s vision – The world‘s forests meet the social, ecological, and economic rights and needs of the present generation without compromising those of future generations.
FSC has approved 10 forest management principles to be applied in certification of any forest management worldwide. Timber unlike other natural resources, is a rapidly renewable one – paper conifers grow over 20-30 years; in warmer climates, eucalyptus grows even faster. Paper production involves wood not sustainable for construction or sawmill waste. A forest is to be cut in accordance with the agreed procedures, replanted, and regularly maintained. FSC procedure is a production chain standard, since a material or a product, that meets FSC standards, is identified throughout processing.
More information: http://ic.fsc.org/